ANTIGUA & BARBUDA
IMMIGRATION | EMPLOYMENT | INVESTMENT | RELOCATION
ANTIGUA & BARBUDA CITIZENSHIP
Antigua and Barbuda, a twin island in the eastern Caribbean, On 2012, the goverment has introduced a form of citizenship that can be acquired through an investment program. Citizenship and passport can be obtained either by donating to a charitable institution or by purchasing a property..
Visa Free Travel 150 Countries
Passport & Citizenship
Real Estate From $200,000
From $100,000 Donation to NDF
Benefits of Citizenship in Antigua & Barbuda
- Antigua & Barbuda passport holders can travel visa-free to 150 countries, including England, Singapore, Hong Kong and the entire Schengen area.
- The Antigua & Barbuda Pass is valid for 5 years.
- Passports are issued within 2-3 months.
- The passport can be picked up in Antigua & Barbuda, at an embassy, consulate or high commission.
- It is required to visit Antigua & Barbuda for 5 days in the first 5 years. This requirement does not apply to dependent children under 18 years of age. Upon reaching the age of 18, the residence requirement must be met. There is also the obligation to take an oath or swear allegiance.
- Pleasant weather, white beaches, turquoise blue sea, yacht clubs, carnival – and many other attractions are natural advantages of the island state.
- Cheapest family-oriented citizenship program in the Caribbean.
- Lifetime citizenship for family and children with one-time investment and low passport renewal fees.
- Direct citizenship in Caribbean country.
- No wealth, inheritance, personal income taxes.
- Free movement in the Caribbean CARICOM countries.
- Freely hold dual or multiple citizenship with other countries.
Citizenship by Investment Requirement:
Investors have several options to gain citizenship to Antigua, these are the following:
- Donation to the National Development Fund in the amount of USD 100’000 (for individuals and family up to 4) / USD 125’000 (for family of 5 and more)
- Investment in a government approved real estate project amounting to USD 400’000 (can be reduced to USD 200’000 if there is co-applicant/co-investor)
- Purchase a real estate for a full price of USD 200’000 or higher
- Establish a business with USD 1.5 million investment
Note: For Investment in real estate, you are required to hold the real estate for 5 years, after which, you can sell it and keep the citizenship
In addition to the investment, the following fees shall be paid to the Government:
- USD 30,000.00 for family of up to four members
- USD 7,500.00 for main applicant
- USD 7,500.00 for spouse of the main applicant
- USD 2,000.00 per dependent (aged 12-17)
- USD 4,000.00 per dependent (aged 18 and over)
- USD 300.00 per applicant
- Aged 0-5 years old: USD 10,000.00
- Aged 0-17 years old: USD 20,000.00
Required Documents from each Applicant:
- Notarized copy of passport and national ID’s
- Notarized copy of birth certificate
- Medical certificate and certificate that the applicant is HIV negative. The HIV test must be no more than 3 months old
- Extract from the criminal record (no criminal record) or original police clearance certificate from all countries where the person has lived for more than 6 months in the last 10 years and from all countries where the person has a nationality. The extracts and certificates must not be older than 6 months.
- 8 original passport photos (photo requirements will be communicated if interested), not older than 6 months, one of the photos must be certified
- Completed form “Photograph & Signature Certificate”
- Notarized copy of military service certificate (if available)
- Notarized copy of proof of name change (if available)
Documents required only from the main Applicant:
- Investment Confirmation / NDF Escrow Agreement (Form)
- Completed Agent Form
- Original bank reference letter issued by an internationally recognized bank, not older than 6 months
- Original professional reference, not older than 6 months
- Original document of evidence of residential address
- In case of the real-estate option: copy of duly executed real-estate contract (Purchase and Sales Agreement), copy of duly executed escrow agreement.
- Certified copy of marriage certificate(s) (if applying jointly with partner)
- Certified copy of divorce document(s) (if applicable)
- An affidavit of support for each dependent (excluding spouse) over 18 years of age (if applicable)
- Written confirmation from an accredited university or college of further education confirming the applicant’s enrolment where a dependent aged 18-25 years is in full time education and applying with the main applicant (if applicable)