REMOTE WORK VISA | UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
IMMIGRATION | EMPLOYMENT | INVESTMENT | RELOCATION
Remote Work Visa
Despite its reputation as a tourist destination, the UAE is undeniably appealing to those looking to start a business for a variety of reasons. The remote working visa application form is now available as part of the UAE visa reforms. As a result, digital nomads can work for international companies while also living in the UAE’s golden beaches, cafes, and luxury hotels.
Individuals who relocate to the UAE from other countries can legally work remotely for their employers using a Remote Working Visa, also known as the Virtual Working Programme (VWP). Furthermore, according to the visa terms and conditions, foreign nationals can enter the UAE on their own and work.
This one-year visa is intended for remote workers, entrepreneurs, and other location-independent individuals who wish to live and work in the United States for one year.
Renewals are available for 12-month visas as well as one-year visas.
To attract talented ex-pats, the UAE has launched this ex-pat visa program. Ex-pats may be required to go through a specific process depending on where they want to work.
What exactly is a Remote Work Visa?
The Virtual Working Programme, also known as a remote work visa, is valid for one year. This arrangement allows the holder to work remotely for their current employer while also relocating to Dubai from outside the UAE. As a result, foreigners will be permitted to enter the UAE on their own initiative and work within the parameters of their visa requirements.
It was created specifically for remote workers, entrepreneurs, and other location-independent workers to live and work in Dubai for a year. Furthermore, if the UAE approves the individual’s application for residency in Dubai, their family members may accompany them.
What are the requirements for obtaining a virtual work visa in the UAE?
Expats who meet the eligibility requirements can apply for remote work visas in the UAE. Applicants who follow the rules and submit all required documents can expect their applications to be processed quickly.
To apply for the program, one must have a valid passport that is valid for at least six months, as well as good health insurance that covers his stay in the UAE.
If they are employees, the applicants must:
- To demonstrate employment, obtain a one-year contract from their current employer.
- Obtain a monthly salary of at least AED 18,250 (USD 5,000).
- Please provide your last three months’ pay stubs and bank statements.
If the applicants are business owners, they must:
- Proof of one year or longer ownership of the company is required.
- On average, you earn AED 18,250 (USD 5,000) per month.
- Provide bank statements for the previous three months.
Requirements for Remote Work Visa
Applicants will need the following:
- Passport with a minimum of 6 months validity.
- Health insurance with UAE coverage validity.
- For employees:
• Proof of employment from a current employer with a one-year contract validity, a minimum of USD 3,500 per month salary, last month’s payslip and 3 preceding months’ bank statements.
- For business owners:
• Proof of ownership of the company for one year or more, subject to extension, with an average monthly income of USD 3,500 per month or its equivalent in foreign currencies and 3 preceding months’ bank statements.
• Proof of work/employment outside the United Arab Emirates and that the work is conducted remotely.
If applying for permits for family members, applicants are required to submit their valid health insurance and passport along with fee payment for each member.
Note: Payment of processing fee does not guarantee approval of the application. Any subsequent fees may change based on the country of citizenship, on the application service required, and whether you are applying from the UAE or from overseas. You can also apply for the programme from Dubai.
All applications (new applications and renewals) will be reviewed and processed by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai (GDRFAD).
Applicants must create a username and password, choose the service required labelled ‘Golden Visa’ and submit their application through the GDFRA portal.