IMMIGRATION | EMPLOYMENT | INVESTMENT | RELOCATION
Permanent Residency in Switzerland
Switzerland, officially the Swiss Confederation, is situated in Western-Central Europe, consisting of 26 cantons. It is a landlocked country divided between the Alps, Swiss Plateau and the Jura. It has borders with France to the west, Italy to the south, Austria and Liechtenstein to the east and Germany to the north.
Advantages of Residency in Switzerland
- Switzerland is one of the most developed countries in the world, with the highest nominal wealth per adult
- It has the eighth-highest per capita gross domestic product according to the International Monetary Fund.
- Switzerland ranks at or near the top globally in several metrics of national performance, including government transparency, civil liberties, quality of life, economic competitiveness, and human development.
- Zürich and Geneva have each been ranked among the top cities in the world in terms of quality of life, with the former ranked second globally, according to Mercer.
- It is home to numerous international organizations, including the second largest UN office.
- It is a founding member of European Free Trade Association (EFTA).
- An active member of the United Nations and other international organizations, but retains a strong commitment to neutrality.
- It is a safe haven for investors, because it has maintained a degree of bank secrecy and has kept up the Franc’s long-term external value.
Benefits of Living in Switzerland
- Open access to employment, conditions of employment and working conditions
- Being able to set up your own company
- Being able to buy real estate property without restrictions and need for approval
- Being able to live anywhere in Switzerland
- Being eligible for Swiss citizenship
- Swiss passport is ranked 6th in the world passport rankings with visa free travel to 172 countries in the world for Swiss Citizens.
- Access to welfare benefits and social assistance
Residency Requirements for Non-EU/EFTA & EU/EFTA citizens residing in Switzerland
EU/EFTA Countries, American & Canadian Citizens
At least five (5) years residency is required
At least ten (10) years continuous stay
- Citizens of EU and EFTA with a work permit
- Citizens of EU and EFTA without a work permit
- Non-EU/EFTA citizens residing in Switzerland
- Non-EU/EFTA nationals (under cantonal lump sum taxation for retirees)
- Non-EU/EFTA nationals (Investors/Swiss company formation)
Requirements for Non-EU/EFTA Nationals (Investors/Swiss Company Formation)
- Minimum investment of CHF 1,000,000.00 turnover of the company
- Applicant must not have a work in Switzerland under this program.
- First time residence in Switzerland and foreigner shouldn’t have resided in Switzerland for the last 10 years.
- Persons who apply for this program should be above 18 years of age.
- Persons applying for this program need to produce long list of identification documents, besides having clean criminal record and good moral character.
Requirements for citizens of the EU/EFTA without a work permit
- Applicant must have a sufficient fund.
- Applicant must not have any occupation in Switzerland.
- Proof of health insurance coverage